Monday, March 18, 2013

Caroline Grace has a new room........................

I finally tackled painting a dresser I have been wanting to refinish for years. The dresser is a pre-depression piece of my grandfather's.  My daughter Gracie has a sweet room perfect for an 8 year old with the traditional yellow and blue Laura Ashley floral. It is classic, so she can grow with the decor, but the plain dresser needed some spunk and updating. 

Let the fun begin with paint..........

I searched for awhile for the perfect yellow. As most of you know, yellow can be hard and I didn't want her to have a Big Bird yellow dresser. So after using the Valspar App I discovered Homestead Resort Tea Room Yellow. Let me say I am absolutely in love with this color and so do most of my followers. I have been asked by everyone what color I used. The drawer color is something I mixed myself, but it was perfect for the look I was going for. I left the hardware as is due to the fabulous patina and they were just too pretty to paint over. I also painted a matching end table which belonged to our children's godparent's mother.  It also is from the same era.  The top of the end table swivels which gives 2 completely different looks. What do you think?

Marti :)


My "go to" Websters Chalk Paint Powder purchased locally at Vintage 615 in Spring Hill, TN

Before


After



I am sorry I do not have a before photo, I know....bad blogger :) This look I added a stencil as well.





All photos property of Grey Vintage Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment